Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Pablo's got a plan

Spent most of yesterday and today setting up all the shots (render passes and FX-trees, shot lengths and compositions). It's done. It's rendering. And tomorrow I'll post the first rendered version of the movie. I'm very impressed by how stable MentalRay is.


Today I've spent most of the day doing faces for Pablo and to do test animations. There's a lot of details in the rig design you come to think of when starting to animate. For example, I like when positioning of hands and elbow direction isn't affected by, for example, the belly's direction - I like them to be "global". Same goes for knee direction. I'm glad I spent the day doing that - rather now than later.

I've also constructed a MarkingSet for Pablo's animatable parameters and I scripted some tools to easier key the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment